Depthkit—a “volumetric video capture toolkit” for innovative AR/VR storytellers
Depthkit is a toolkit for accessible volumetric video capture. By adding a sensor to a video camera, anyone can capture, edit and publish volumetric video experiences with Depthkit's product.
Depthkit enables artists, filmmakers and video game creators to easily incorporate volumetric video into their work. From Google Virtual Arts Sessions to Eminem's Rap God music video, Depthkit powers storytellers working in VR, AR, emotionally resonant interactive web experiences and interactive documentary films.
I was hired to rethink Depthkit's brand identity. The result is an identity system based on vibrant and bold color combinations with a symbol inspired by spatial mapping of color to an abstract form.
The brand symbol plays with perceptions of overlapping forms and color mapping based on depth in a 3D space. The symbol is unusual and avoids many of the tropes of brands working in the AR/VR space.
- Zero Days VR Wins 2018 Webby for Best Narrative Experience (Film & Video)
- ”A Rikers Island Doctor Debuts At Tribeca Film Festival, With Help From This Artist-Led VR Company” / Forbes 2018
- “The Eminem AR Show” / TechCrunch 2018 — a new augmented reality project using Depthkit
- “New film Queerskins explores HIV/AIDS in VR” / BBC 2018
- ”Adding Layers Of Interactivity To ZIKR: A Sufi Revival: Matthew Niederhauser explains how Superbright, Depthkit and Unity were used to create a social and interactive documentary” / VR Focus 2018
Lastly, the latest project by @NSCcreative and director Aaron Bradbury, VESTIGE is making its world premiere as part of the #Tribeca2018 Virtual Arcade! It's a heartbreaking #vr project about a couple ripped apart and pushes #Depthkit into new, emotional territory. pic.twitter.com/FQjby9WyGz— Depthkit (@Depthkit) March 9, 2018
Delighted that ARIADNE'S THREAD,— Marta Di Francesco (@CUCCURUCU) March 22, 2018
commissioned by VOGUE Italia @vogue_italia
is Official Selection at Santiago International Fashion Film Festival 2018⚡️@saifffchile #videoart #womenartists #digitalart #poetry #fashion #generative #fashionfilm #depthkit #volumetric #saifff3 pic.twitter.com/Re2XqGOhE1
It's difficult to explain how impressive Depthkit's technology is, or how emotionally engaging the words created with it are. Here are a few examples of what artists and filmmakers are making with Deptkit.